Lēhua or Metrosideros polymorpha may be referred to correctly as a lēhua tree, or as an ‘ōhi‘a lēhua, or simply an ‘ōhi‘a .
The Lēhua flower, grown from the Ohi'a tree, flourishes in many forests around Hawai'i. The flower is born from a legend of a love triangle between the goddess named Pele, a man named Ohi'a, and his lover Lēhua. Infuriated by his love for Lēhua, Pele turns Ohi'a into a tree. The gods took pity on Lēhua and turned her into the beautiful red blossom of the tree so that the two lovers can be together forever.It is said that when a lēhua flower is plucked from an ʻōhiʻa tree, the sky will fill with rain representing the separated lovers' tears.
- Full canvas double sided print with rounded toe construction.
- Lace-up closure for a snug fit.
- Metal eyelet for a classic look.
- Soft textile lining with lightweight construction for maximum comfort.
- High-quality outsole for traction and exceptional durability.